How long can a car repair shop legally keep a car?

A place to find help when you're stuck on a car problem or just need advice.

This is a very general forum that covers all brands and models of cars and trucks.

If you're a good mechanic then we need your help, please visit here often and help us dummies out. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!

Moderators: a31ford, Steve Sewell

How long can a car repair shop legally keep a car?

Postby finleybull » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

I have a car that the clutch went out on and I droped it off at this car repair place over 5 weeks ago. Every time I call to see what is going on they say Oh they didnt call you it should be done tomorrow. On monday of this week my Boyfirend called over there to see what was going on, and the guy was liek oh they didnt call you I feel really bad but some older lady was all frazeled in the lot and backed into your car about a week ago. We are sending it out to be fixed it should be done by Wednsday of this week. Well Yesterday I stoped by to see if it was done yet and the guy was like oh we are sending it out tomorrow they didnt call you? It should be done by tomorrow afternoon. I went over to the car to look at it The hood was up, parts were out, the trunk was open, and there was a huge dent in the door, and straches on the opposite fender. Is this Legal? I took pictures of it all last night. What can I do? :!:

By
Finley Bull
Handforth Dean Parking
Long Stay Parking
finleybull

Re: How long can a car repair shop legally keep a car?

Postby minniemobuddha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 pm

record everything said,take lots of pictures,and get a reputable lawyer.also get ahold of your better business bureua.
minniemobuddha
Oldtimer

Return to Car Repair