Where info on Wood Gasification?

This is a general forum for all types of renewable fuels. Topics could be Biodiesel, Wood Gas, Wood, Veggie Oil, Methane, Alcohol and any other fuel you would like to share with us.

Moderators: a31ford, Steve Sewell

Where info on Wood Gasification?

Postby G. L. Grumpy » Wed May 26, 2010 5:21 pm

I've seen articles on Wood Gas run vehicles and can't remember where. My buddy wants to try to make one, and needs to see diagrams and workings of WHAT it is even, maybe some pictures on trucks, tractors or such. Is there some sort of web site to go to for such things. Is Wood Gasification a correct term? Or, is there other names? :?
G. L. Grumpy
Huntington, IN

Power King
Wheelhorse
MTD 990
Speedex
53 ZB
36 JT with RE engine
G. L. Grumpy
Oldtimer

Re: Where info on Wood Gasification?

Postby Tony Turner » Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 am

GL,
have him join the WoodGas group on yahoo.com http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas/

Everything he could ever want to know about woodgas is on that group (files, pictures, diagrams and experts in the field). We have an expert in woodgas right here on our site A31ford (Greg Manning). Greg is as close to the best woodgas source that I know of.

Also, the Journey to Forever site has some information.

Good Luck,
Tony T
Tony Turner
WebMaster www.minneapolis-moline.com

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Tony Turner
Site Admin

Re: Where info on Wood Gasification?

Postby a31ford » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:46 am

Morning all.

Woodgas on yahoo is a good site, they get off topic sometimes and infighting is common, but all in all, they are worth the effort.

I have both a business and personal site on the web about woodgas, I'll give you the personal site, as it has much information about the building, and problems during the build of a gas generator.

I do "teaching sessions" for those that truely are interested, it jumpstarts you righ into the thick of things for a small fee.

I've built over 50 gas generators (gasifiers) and time permiting, I generally will call someone on my nickel if they have questions.

Feel free to contact me on, or off list, or call me, and I'll return the call, (again, time permiting).

http://pages.inethome.ca/a31ford/cgcmb/ is the personal site about wood gasification.

Greg Manning
Greg Manning,

A Newbie, yet again... :)

50 ZAS, 47 UTS, 58 Five Star, handfull of other old toys :)
a31ford
Sodbuster

Return to General Renewable Fuel Forum