Bio Fuel Permits?

This is a general forum for all types of renewable fuels. Topics could be Biodiesel, Wood Gas, Wood, Veggie Oil, Methane, Alcohol and any other fuel you would like to share with us.

Moderators: a31ford, Steve Sewell

Bio Fuel Permits?

Postby Moshka » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:55 am

I have heard from two people that a permit is requiered to use bio fuel. Is this true even if a person uses it for their own use on a farm?
Moshka
Sodbuster

Where do you live

Postby Tony Turner » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:56 am

I'm not sure where you live but in Mississippi, if you are using it on the farm, you don't have to do anything but make it and pour it in. It's the same for road use too. Some states want you to pay the road taxes so they require a permit only to collect taxes.

All this assumes that you're not making ethanol. YOU MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM ATF TO MAKE FUEL ALCOHOL!!! No amount of alcohol can be made without a permit... period! Let me say this again; not one drop of alcohol can be produced legally for any use without a permit. And just because you have an ATF permit does not mean that your local government doesn't require some form of permit. You need to check your local laws. We're still so backwards in this country we think alcohol is a demon and that everybody that makes it is a criminal. They need to get there heads out of there xxx and joint the new century with us.

Mississippi does not discourage the use of alternate fuels like some states do so make sure you get the local scoop before you jump in. It is a much better political environment than it was a few years ago.
Tony Turner
WebMaster www.minneapolis-moline.com

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Tony Turner
Site Admin

Return to General Renewable Fuel Forum