John's hit the big-time

For those of us that love to fly this is the place to share our stories and pictures. Tell us what you've been up to, where you've been and where your going. Let's talk aviation.

John's hit the big-time

Postby Tony Turner » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:56 am

Look what i got in my email today. John and his bunch hit the big-time

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/aircraft/best-buys/the-lure-of-the-backcountry.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PPeNewsDec_122111

Way to go John... you make GA look good!

Tony
Tony Turner
WebMaster www.minneapolis-moline.com

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Tony Turner
Site Admin

Re: John's hit the big-time

Postby John Grandfield » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Way to go John, I love to fly small, never had the opportunity to experience what you do, "I'm only a passenger", but you and your group sure seem to have FUN doing the things I like.
Like MM UNIs & STUFF
John Grandfield
Oldtimer

Postby john graham » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Thank you.

This was an over the phone and internet interview. I guess this is how most stuff gets "boiled down" too.
The guy ask for about 25-30 still pictures from some of our videos, located by the "time stamp" on the videos. He asked a lot of questions, etc.

I watched the videos to each time spot, then went and hunted up the big raw size image for each one, plus sent about a dozen others I thought they would like.

The author was drooling and said he was sending in the story. The magazine basically took a good story and turned it into a giant advertisement. It is always about revenue, so they used one or two of our photos, then replaced the rest with 4-5 manufacture's company stock photos along with each of their plane's specs.

Greg Swingle with a kit built Rans S-7s had the most to do with our group and makes the videos. The magazine eliminated all of the Rans photos too. I figure Rans didn't advertise with Plane and Pilot??

I was under whelmed by it. John
"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else."
john graham
Oldtimer

Postby Fraser Beatty » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:13 pm

I think the intention of the authors was to do just that, advertise the makes and models of planes that can be used in the flying you do. They needed your pictures and backstory to create an interesting hook though! :D
1948 Waterloo ZTE
1948 RTE
1952 Waterloo ZAU
1953 BFW
1953 UBU
1954 UTS Diesel
1967 G1000 Wheatland LP
107 Town and Country
1974 Cockshutt 1655
1974 White 2270
1974 White 2270
1981 White 2-180