Cubs 2 Oshkosh

For those of us that love to fly this is the place to share our stories and pictures. Tell us what you've been up to, where you've been and where your going. Let's talk aviation.

Cubs 2 Oshkosh

Postby john graham » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:10 am

I had some excitement after my 1st fuel stop in Indiana when my wheel broke off. A friend flew me two wheels and tires (200 miles away), and I was back in the air in 2-1/2 hours!
At the first stop was also a tractor show that had a lot of re-powered V-8 stuff. I'll post those pictures later.
I was in the group of 75 cubs that flew into Oshkosh for the 75th anniversary of the cub. Total was 181 cubs the last I heard.
this pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is my cub.
"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else."
john graham
Oldtimer

Re: Cubs 2 Oshkosh

Postby Tony Turner » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am

Great pictures John! The pot of gold picture is a fabulous picture that needs to be sold to someone :D

Did the wheel break on landing or during taxi? It sucks to be broken down away from home. I'm glad you were able to fix it so quickly!

Tony
Tony Turner
WebMaster www.minneapolis-moline.com

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Tony Turner
Site Admin

Postby john graham » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks Tony - Officially it was a taxi incident!
"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else."
john graham
Oldtimer

Postby Steve Sewell » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Yep, incident. No damage to the firewall. wings (tips don't count) and no injuries. Not ever had that happen here John. I have seen the tail wheel come off but not the main spindle break. Usually get to lift them up on the tow dolly when the student lands with their feet in the "brakes are locked' position. :shock:
And of course the off runway 'it's a 4X4' landing that knocks off the nose gear :( I have been very lucky that I have never had to go out to an on airport problem landing and had anyone hurt, other than their pride, hope I can keep that up.

-steve
Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell@atis.net
sewell@ohio.edu
Steve Sewell

Return to Up In The Air