***Server Issues and Repair*** Please Read!

Classified ads for Minneapolis-Moline Tractors, Implements, Toys and other junk.
Forum rules
You are free to post the items you have for sale. I ask that you please remove your ad once the item sales. Thanks, Tony

***Server Issues and Repair*** Please Read!

Postby Tony Turner » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 pm

As many of you know, I've been having serious server issues for a few months now. It has really gotten bad over the last few weeks and must be addressed.

I am moving all our databases to a new virtual server just to get them running reliably for the time being. I will be upgrading all of our server software after I'm sure I have the system working correctly. While I'm moving our databases and restoring them to the server there may be brief periods of downtime. As always I'll try to keep disruptions to a minimum but there is no way to do a job this big without downtime.

During the move some data my appear old... don't worry about that because I converted our servers to virtual images many months ago and the data could be up to a year old. I am trying to backup and recover all of our current data just before the switchover. With a little luck and a lot of prayer we hopefully won't lose any data or users. The advantage to using a virtual server is that we never lose our current server. I can bring the virtual images up and if there are issues that we can't work out I'll just fall back to the old server.

Anyway, I'm sorry for taking so long to get this fixed. Lack of free time and money has slowed me a bit. I'll let you know how phase one goes.

Tony
Tony Turner
WebMaster www.minneapolis-moline.com

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Tony Turner
Site Admin

Re: ***Server Issues and Repair*** Please Read!

Postby Tony Turner » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:10 pm

I have moved the forum to the virtual server and restored the most current backup..... I guess it's just wait and see now. If you guys notice an issue please let me know.

Humbly,
Tony T
Tony Turner
WebMaster www.minneapolis-moline.com

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Tony Turner
Site Admin

Return to Classified Ads